Growing need due to COVID-19
This public health crisis is increasing the needs of moms and families, and we are receiving more and more calls for help. We already are hearing of the need for specific baby items that are becoming hard to find or purchase. We are working diligently to ensure that we can continue to meet the needs of those we serve. Specifically, we have developed a list of needs. See the list of items we accept and don’t accepts as well as Needs and Urgent Needs.
Our Amazon wish list provides a safe and effective way of helping us during the pandemic. Supporters all over the world can send wipes, diapers, formula and equipment to the center without leaving home!
Volunteers give their generous time by providing:
- Direct support to those we serve one-on-one:
- By telephone
- Those who walk in the door
- Closet help: sort, fold and prepare clothing for newborn through size 2T
- Maternity clothes: sort and arrange maternity closet
- Baby food and formula: sort and date incoming donations
- Office: general office work and data entry
- Equipment: check incoming baby equipment for safety recalls and prepare items for use
For volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give Frequently Used Items
See the list of items we accept and don’t accepts as well as Needs and Urgent Needs.
Our new Amazon wish list (Supporters all over the world can send new equipment, formula and diapers to the center without leaving home!)
- Through our donation site
- Mailing checks to us directly:
The MaRiH Center
A Rose in Haste, Incorporated
3230-B Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-4521